We’re looking for the second member of Tonic’s nascent and rapidly growing Customer Success team.
This role is ideal for someone who loves to quickly solve complex customer problems and then immediately turns around and builds a system so that this problem solves itself next time. Moreover, this person gets to the root of why and how each customer is using Tonic so that they can maximize the value every customer is getting out of our product. The ideal Solutions Architect will be proactive when they need to be, coming up with creative solutions if customers aren't getting what they need, and pressing customers when they're not doing what they need to succeed.
This team is responsible for all post-sales activities with customers. This role has huge growth potential for an ambitious individual looking to build a new org from scratch at a fast-growing startup. This person will report directly to the founding/executive team.
We are actively considering applicants that are fully remote in addition to our offices in Atlanta, GA and San Francisco, CA.
- Owns the ultimate success of Tonic’s customers, including pilot conversion, retention, and renewal.
- Drives customer onboarding, training, and usage, and serves as the first line of technical troubleshooting, communicating insights back to internal product and engineering teams.
- Tracks and reports on customer metrics, both quantitative and qualitative, communicating / flagging issues to the broader team.
- Outlines success criteria for pilots and drives hard to accomplish these.
- Creates and updates technical documentation and training resources.
- Works closely with the product team to provide direction on new features and bugs that are important to current customers.
- Identifies opportunities for expansion in collaboration with the sales team.
- Builds infrastructure and operations in order to increase the ratio of Customers to Solution Architects.
- Occasionally provides technical leadership during pre-sales conversations with potential customers to support successful understanding, evaluation, and adoption of Tonic by presenting and articulating advanced product features and benefits, and handling technical objections.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a technical customer-facing role as a Sales Engineer, Technical Customer Success, or Forward Deployed Engineer.
- Technical experience in database, data warehouse, data lake, cloud, data catalog, data prep, and BI.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- You're organized, a problem solver, and excel in time management.
- You want to work in a fast-paced and creative environment where you own your own success.
- Previous experience collaborating with different internal functions within a fast-growing SaaS company; operating at the intersection of product, sales, and delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent technical experience in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics or a similar quantitative field is preferred.
- 0 - 25% domestic and international travel.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health and dental
- 401(k) matching
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Dependent Care FSA