In the field of data generation, few players are as universally known as Mockaroo. Friend to dev team large and small, we’re longtime fans ourselves, and now we’re proud to announce our affiliation, offering Mockaroo users a new level of service to generate mock data based on their production data.
If you’re new to Mockaroo, here’s what you’ve been missing:
- a random data generator that allows you to create realistic test data directly within your browser—no coding required
- a mock API creator for advancing your UI design
- data downloads available in CSV, JSON, SQL, and Excel formats
- free to use for up to 1000 rows/download; affordable yearly plans for more
- also available as a docker image for deployment in your private cloud
What sets Mockaroo apart from Tonic is the random nature of the data it generates. Instead of connecting to an existing database to build a model, Mockaroo allows users to configure the data they need by choosing from over 140 built-in data types or using Regular Expressions to generate random data in almost any format.
By contrast, Tonic connects directly to its user’s source database(s), operating across 10000s+ tables and TBs of data to maintain referential integrity while generating securely de-identified data that is based on real production data. The generated data can then be scaled up or down to any size.
Two different approaches to solving the same problem: the need for high quality, safe, realistic data to build and test software effectively. If the data you need doesn’t require the nuances of your production data, we’re happy to recommend our partner Mockaroo. If mimicking your production data is key, we’re happy to talk.