We're seeking a talented, senior front-end developer to architect the future front-end for Tonic's data synthesis platform. At Tonic, you'll have the opportunity to help build out a product that is core infrastructure for organizations to use, analyze, and build upon their data while exploring new privacy and data techniques such as differential privacy, synthesizing new data, and creating small and effective subsets of production datasets. In addition, as an early member of our engineering team you'll have many opportunities to forge our best practices, technical decisions, and create areas of ownership for yourself.
This job is for someone who is deeply familiar with modern front-end technologies such as React and Typescript. Here are a few things you can expect to do:
- Define the architecture of Tonic's front-end. Our product uses cutting edge data synthesis techniques; exposing these algorithms in a way that makes them intuitive and accessible is the main purpose of Tonic's front-end.
- Attend customer meetings. Our product development is customer-centric. Expect to be on calls with customers, asking questions, getting feedback, and bouncing ideas around to come up with cool new features.
- Write your own specs. We are adding a lot of features at the moment, most of which come from our customers. We don’t always have a pixel-perfect spec for you to follow. You need to be responsible for getting inside the head of the customers and making decisions on what you think is the best way to deliver a new feature.
- Mentor other developers in front-end best practices.
We are actively considering applicants that are fully remote in addition to our offices in Atlanta, GA and San Francisco, CA.
What we’re looking for:
- 7+ years experience
- Expertise in an object oriented programming language such as C# or Java
- BS degree in Computer Science or similar technical field of study
- Self-starter with excellent communication skills, able to work independently with little direction
- Some things that will make you stick out:
- An eye for design and experience with UI/UX
- Knowledge of statistics or experience with machine learning
- Deep knowledge of how Database Systems work
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health and dental
- 401(k) matching
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Dependent Care FSA